Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2011-07-23, 14:58

Bassist - Solo album stuff.

Hi,

I have been a Bassist for 20 odd years, self taught on Guitar and Keys ( which is self evident ) and have been a loyal Reason/Record user going on 5 years.
I have tended to write stuff for some films I got involved with, very synth based.
I have always liked the moodier stuff and if I am honest, would find it painful to ever be in a situation where I had to write for the likes of Scouting for Girls or The Feeling et al. My influences range from J.J. Burnel to Mark King and love the work of Lalo Schifrin and John Carpenter.
Anyway enough of that, I have six tracks already written for the solo album I am working on, most are still in the demo stages but theres enough of the song there to give you an idea of where its going.

Thing is describing it.......is it Soundtrack ?, is it Ambient ?, is it Chillout ? or is it Rock ?., ( I just hope Crap doesn't come into it )

Hope you enjoy it, there should be something for everyone.
There will be more vocals, and like I mentioned, they are pretty much all unfinished.

Glenn

http://soundcloud.com/birksy

Last edited by jackburton; 2011-07-23 at 15:47.