Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2011-09-13, 18:18

Never been a better time for laptop electronic music producers?

I don't now if anyone else agrees with me but there seems to be a whole host of underground genres produced by solo laptop artists using programs like Reason really starting to make a massive impact on the mainstream music scene at the moment. I know its not everyones cup of tea but looking at a genre like dubstep i almost liken it to the punk revolution in the late 70's. Same with some of the electro styles emerging with artists like Skrillex a few years ago artists like this really would have been deep underground but he's really knocking on the door of some very big venues with record sales and followings greater then that of some of the so called top pop acts.

Personally im loving this because its really changing the rules and i think the music industry needs it. I've got nothing against lady ga ga but when you see a guy pumping his tunes out behind a midi controller having massive success.. Hmm maybe change is in the air..LOL or am i talking crap.

Last edited by MAV42; 2011-09-13 at 18:23.