Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2011-10-01, 06:27

Thumbs down No license number with boxed version

If anyone can explain this to me please do. I have reason 4, purchased the Reason 6 upgrade today, installed the USB key and software successfully. The problem comes when I use the registration tool.

Here is what is asks me

1. Ignition Key (successful, no problems here)

2. License Number (3 fields) (XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX)
- the package has no license number, only an upgrade ID the is 2 fields XXXXXX-XX

3. Registration code (4 fields) (no problems here, contained in package)

What the hell is my license number? I went to the website and tried to register an upgrade there but it asks for the license number also in one large field. I tried the upgrade ID in the package, NOPE!

I tried the registration code in the version 6 package. NOPE!!

I then tried the license from my existing Reason 4, SUCCESS?? Okay well then it asks for the Registration code. I entered the one contained in the version 6 package. NOPE!!!

AHHH!!!!! WTF!?

I sent support email in but who knows how long that will take. Anyone know what the usual time frame is on a support response??

This is so frustrating. I rush to the store to get this and I'm all excited only to have wasted my planned night of fun for pure disappointment.