Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2011-10-08, 15:12
jondy

Record 1.5 ignoring external mic input?

Record isn't picking up the input from an external mixer. It completely ignores it and uses the laptop's integrated mic for input instead despite the mixer being connected to the mic port via the 2TR plugs. I did this before with a Samson MDR1064 mixer (which met an untimely end, poor bastard never had a chance) and it worked fine, but it doesn't work with a Yamaha MG102c?

The input does seem a bit loose when it's in the mic port, and it looks slightly smaller than your average 3.5mm jack (but not by much, it's not just falling out of the mic input) but I don't know that those things would factor in. I've tried using different things besides the mixer in the external mic port and it still doesn't pick it up. I've made sure that the external mic is the default input, but still nothing, so I think it may be the laptop, not the mixer or cable.

Of course there's always the possibility that I've completely overlooked something simple (it's been a few months since I last did this), I really hope it is, I don't want to be the bearer of bad news to my friends that yet again something's kept them from recording, and this time it'd be on my end for once.