Death by a Thousand Cuts: The Vote
It's time to vote for the top twenty Death by a Thousand Cuts issues we'd like to encourage Props to implement during the Reason 6 cycle!
Below are all the "cuts", numbered 1-125 (minus 56, cos it made no sense). IMO Propellerhead should consider this a de facto list of small fixes that should be worked through in the next 18 months, since nearly all of them would be geninuely useful to the vast majority of users, and most are (on paper, er, screen) looking like very low-hanging fruit that could be fixed/adjusted/implemented with not too much fuss.
THE RULES - Please Read Carefully!
Below the list of cuts I'll post a numbered template- https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/...50&postcount=3. All you have to do is copy/quote it (delete the quote tags), then fill in your top selection against the numbers 1-20. ONLY WRITE THE NUMBER!! Please do not copy the text description or add your own text! Your selection does not need to be ranked 1-20 in any particular order, and you don't need to list 20, but consider at least 10 if you can. You might find it easier to open the link above in a new Window, so you can see both the List and your Selection side by side. At the end of voting, say, the end of October, I'll copy the lot into Excel and tot up the scores on the doors.
1. Audio: quantize
2. Audio: snap to transients mode when editing audio
3. Audio: X-Fades in seq window, with at least two curve types
4. Clips: clips that don't slide their audio inside the clip when changing tempo with "Stretch" enabled
5. Bounce: bounce clip or mixer channel to mono
6. Import/Export: MP3 format
7. Recording: punch in / punch out
8. Stretch: Add turn off stretch globally, not just per track
9. Blocks: Add r-click “Copy Selection to New Block” from Song mode, add r-click "Copy Selection to Song" from Block mode
10. Blocks: Add renaming of Blocks in Sequencer view
11. Blocks: Allow different clip colours in Block sequencer to appear in Song mode sequencer
12.Browser: Remember initial search location when resolving missing samples
13. Browser: Remember sort type & order
14. Browser: Get rid of Document Browse List? Invariably one needs the whole folder, not just the partial list this view typically resolves
15. Rack: Add Prefs > Select Devices by Side Zone/Corner only, or (as current, and really bloody annoying!) entire Device area
16. Rack: When creating channels, be asked how many?
17. Rack: zoom out view in rack
18. Rack: Add modifier key to allow reconnection of stereo cables. Even better if it can automatically work out stuff like connection to Thor Inputs 1+2, 2+3, or 3+4
19. All: Paramater Handling: Type in parameter settings
20. All: Skins: or Color picker, esp Thor, Combinator, Kong
21. Combinator: right-click "assign to combinator parameter x"
22. Combinator: velocity as modulation source in combinator
23. Combinator: Duplicate combinator routing when duplicating device
24. Combinator: Add copy/paste of device routing
25. Combinator: Add a notch mode when applicable
26. Combinator: Bring back the auto-black/white text algorithm that was dropped in Reason 5 and forever messing up dark backgrounds
27. Combinator: Routing button to FX device enabled, default to 2 > 1, rather than 0 > 2; no-one has needed a button to turn a device from Off to Bypass!!
28. Kong: Stereo delay or width control
29. Kong: stereo mode on noise drum module for reverb effects
30. Kong: right click routing templates for Kong
31. Kong: per-pad assignable parameters on Kong to solve automation issue
32. Kong: Show frequencies when you turn the freq-knob of kongs filter
33. MClass EQ: Add stereo modes
34. NN-19: sample start range toggle on NN-19 for granular or sample scrubbing uses
35. NNano : Copy/paste zones from NN-XT to NN-Nano
36. NNano: pan and decay control on layers and zones
37. NN-XT: Scrolling in the NN-XT editor
38. NN-XT: Automate sample start knob
39. PH-90: Add control of the initial phase of the phaser
40. RedRum: Import multiple samples in Redrum
41. RedRum: Copy sample to other channel
42. ReGroove: Fold Tool Window ReGroove Panel into ReGroove Mixer itself
56. Schpeider: Add more inputs/outputs to both Schpeiders. Yes, this is number 56 in the list...
43. Thor: Add exponential envelope mode
44. Thor: Add built-in routes for F1 and F2 to Filter 3 stereo-in
Drag ‘n’ Drop
45. Drag ‘n’ Drop: copy device/clip(s) from File A to File B
46. Drag-n-drop: Sample pool to instruments or tracks
47. MIDI Import: Add Prefs > Load ID8 devices / Blank Combinators / Create tracks only
48. MIDI Focus: Select MIDI device focus via the Rack
49. Remote: Ability to map controller to Toggle Rack Front/Rear.
50. SSL: Delete mixer channel when deleting a device (delete all in group doesn't do this)
51. SSL: Increase height of fader section when you separate the faders from the mixer, in order to scroll up the channels (faders become 100mm long for greater resolution)
52. SSL: keyboard shortcuts to +/- SSL mixer sections
53. SSL: VU+Peak readouts for the mixer channels
54. SSL: Solos that don't override mutes (impossible to solo a track to check mute automation)
55. SSL: Pre-Fader sends that are also Pre-Mute
57. SSL: Trim automation from fader
58. SSL: Transport bar in the Mixer view
Sample Handling inc. Live Sampler/Sample Editor
59. Editor: cut/paste in sample editor
60. Editor: delete/remove in sample editor
61. Editor: It would be better if the marked areas are cut, not the parts outside because you cant delete something inside the sample, just from the right and left.
62. ReFills: Export modified samples from ReFills
63. Samples: noise gate on sample input
64. Samples: Adjust sample finder window so that it's columned like the song file finder window, so we don't have to double click everything
65. Samples: right-click "send samples to sampler" option (i.e., send to NNXT, Kong etc.)
Vintage Keyboard & Guitar ReFills for Reason
Last edited by JiggeryPokery; 2011-10-18 at 12:47.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|-008' TR-505 ReFill Build (and also Vote for Me!)||dub08||General Forum (read only)||5||2010-11-22 18:34|
|Detective theme VOTING Thread - Everybody can vote!||Notacet||Phead User Forum (read only)||36||2010-04-21 07:35|
|Please, My Band Needs Your Vote. Only 3 More Days||scaryclown||Phead User Forum (read only)||1||2006-10-16 00:08|
|OT: My Band Is Nominated For Best "Indie Act". Vote For Us!||scaryclown||Phead User Forum (read only)||7||2006-09-14 19:45|
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 14:21.