Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2011-11-04, 01:03

Post Audio Editing: crossfades & region size

I have imported an audio track, sliced it, layered two pieces and like every other software I've ever used, hit 'x' to crossfade and.. nothing happens. I cannot find how to place a crossfade between two audio regions. Right click, nothing. If it's there, it's definitely not intuitive.
I can drag the volume fade in/out from each channel, though the one on top mutes the one behind -- they do not blend.
I do not want to use the comp editor, nor should I have to enter comp edit to place a simple crossfade. Even in comp mode I'm not seeing how to crossfade a single track that's been sliced, the manual and youtube videos I've seen only talk about multi-takes, not working with single-takes.

Here's why I need this:
When I record my live drums I need to time-correct the hits. (Beyond finding best take). I slice at the beginning of the hit, drag it in place, then put a little crossfade in before/after.. or one hit doesn't sound right, I cut 1beat from another bar, place it the and place the fades.. this, my normal routine for drum editing, seems impossible.

Also I need to make the region size vertically taller, currently it does not exceed about ~1".. when I'm editing audio and want to see the details I want it to be several inches high, usually this is done by clicking-dragging the track.