Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2011-11-07, 05:21

YouTube Channels of Reason Users

Hey all,

I've been browing around YouTube a lot for Reason vids, and to be honest, most of them are awful. Poorly produced, low quality rubbish. It is really hard to find well produced, informative, good quality Reason tutorials. But I have come across some gems that I subscribed to the channels straight away. I thought it may be a good idea for us to share our favourite channels.

I figured I would put this in the general forum, as prospective users could get an idea of what this magnificent software can do as well.

While I personally do more rock based stuff, I watch vids of anything Reason related, so instead of breaking the list into genres, I figured the following format would be good.

CHANNEL NAME - ARTIST - GENERAL STYLE - CONTENT TYPE

For example (and a shameless plug of my own channel)

ChrisWatsonAU - Chris Watson - Rock Music - General rock production tips / style overviews

I'll subscribe and add more to this list as the great people here make suggestions.

I'll start with a few of my favourites below:

*** UPDATED 11/11/11 ***

*** LIST OF YOUTUBE CHANNELS WORTH WATCHING ***
  • ChrisWatsonAU - Chris Watson - Rock Music - General rock production tips / style overviews / shameless self promotion
  • BoyInABandCom - Dave/You and What Army - Electronic genres - Music production-y skits, songs & tutorials. Now with extra Britishness.
  • LuckDateVideos - DJ Luck Date - Electronic Dance genres - Reason tricks and tips, production tips and remixing
  • DubSpot - n/a - Dub genres - Tips for all DAWs, but the Reason ones are quite good. Production, sound design.
  • Reason101 - PhiSequence - Electronic genres - Tons, effect combis, instrument patches - the works.
  • ReasonExperts - Hydlide - Electronic genres - New channel but an awesome reputation. Stay tuned here!.
  • RonnieTober1978 - Ronnie Tober - Electronic genres - Sound design and mixing tips.

Last edited by wookiegtb; 2011-11-11 at 00:04.