Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2011-12-12, 00:08

Massive, Nexus, Sylenth-1 vs Refills

So this weekend i was in the studio with some friends and while i use Reason 6.0, they only use Cubase and alot of software such as Massive, Nexus, Sylenth-1 etc.

We are hardcore producers and i`m under the impression that these software synths seem to be perfectly made for hardcore productions. There are alot of supersaws in there as well as lots of other crazy mechanical sounds- while i`ve already got Lucky Date refills and the SB-01 refill, they don`t seem to have the same awesome sounds as the mentioned presets from the VSTi named above.

So, im wondering, are there any refills that are en par with these awesome VSTi ?

I`ve seen the Nucleus refills, but i can`t really tell by the demo sounds if there`s anything useful within for hardcore producers. Somebody else adviced me to check out this link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MASSIVE-REAS...item2c5f014e16

Apart from that it looks kinda fake im not so sure if these synths will hold anything useful for me- according to a couple of more hardware experienced friends of mine- these devices are ready "outdated" and certainly are no much for the VSTi presets from the Massive, Nexus or Sylenth-1.

Your thoughts on what i should do. I want to keep working with Reason 6.0- i did some working with Cubase and i simply prefere the ease of Reason of creating my own music.

For those interested- this is the music i make:

http://soundcloud.com/omkaratechichi/we_rise

Last edited by omkara; 2011-12-12 at 00:10.