Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-01-05, 08:28

Need Advice on a Soundcard for live scenario

PC laptop (does not have a PCI slot and does not have firewire ports)
Core 2 Duo
T6400 @ 2.00 GHz
2 Gig RAM
Current Internal Soundcard: Conexant High Definition SmartAudio 221

I am hoping to avoid buying another laptop if I can get away with finding a soundcard that will improve my performance. When I play live I tend to run a lot of pre-sequenced tracks at once (in some cases upwards of 20 devices), and I'll have anywhere from 8-10 Reason windows open at once. ASIO4ALL has done surprisingly well, but it does sputter every now and then with all of that going on. I just purchased the Native Instruments Tracktor Audio 2 (http://www.native-instruments.com/#/...aktor-audio-2/) hoping that would help, but to my dismay it just couldn't keep up. Interestingly enough, my ASIO4ALL handled the load much better than the Tracktor. I've played with the latency settings etc., I might see what I can do about bumping up my RAM, but what I'd really like is a list of some specific soundcards with low latency.

I'm looking for something that's portable, has 1/4 inputs and can handle a huge load with low latency ASIO. I'm open to both internal and external. Any suggestions?