Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-01-06, 02:03

Gain or Normalize audio tracks for mixing

Im a novice when it comes to mixing.
I have been reading about the importance of gain staging before starting to mix tracks ie setting all tracks to 0db.
On a recent mix i used the gain knob on the input section of the reason 6 mixer to set all my audio tracks to around 0db before starting to apply pan / fader moves etc, later i thought it would have been easier to just normalize each audio file as this would have taken some of the guess work out of manually setting each channel to 0db.

My question is: is normalizing audio tracks an appropriate way to set gain structure post recording?

Does anyone do this?

Chris