Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-01-12, 21:06

Routing Audio to Reason from Ableton (long live The Echo!!)

Ok, first and foremost The Echo is awesome!!!! I use it on so many things just cuz it gives such a great tone to tracks, just like (but not nearly as expensive as) the vintage Roland Space echo. My dilemma is that I want to use The Echo on tracks in Ableton while I'm working with Reason instruments via Rewire (with Ableton as the master DAW). So far I've tried to use the External Audio Effect on my sends in Ableton, but I can't get Reason to come up in the "Audio to/Audio from" section of the effect nor get Ableton to pop up in audio tracks in Reason. I can't seem to find any way around this via manuals or online tutorials, which leads me to believe this can't be done in Rewire. Is there anyone out there who can prove me wrong? I'd be delighted.

The next plan of attack is to do this routing via hardware, in which case I'd like some pointers on what size interface to get. I've been meaning to get an interface anyway so I can finally set up a mic and turntable for more extensive sampling. So, two in's for the mic and turntable, two in's for two instances of The Echo on my mixing busses. Would that equal... a 4x4 audio interface???? Or should I just grab a mixer. N00bish question, and I thank you, recording gurus, for your patience. Cheaper, but with bang for the buck, is the route I'm trying to go.