Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-01-14, 07:51

Exclamation Reason Refills Requires a Disc to Run, why this when there is now a Dongle Key?

Reason Refills Require a Disc to Run, why this when there is now a Dongle Key?

I am a registered user of about 4 or 5 Reason Refills. I hate having to place the disc into the Disc drive to find the files to use them in songs, when they were already downloaded into my hard drive. Should I make copies of the discs in case I scratch them while loading the run disc? With Reason 6 Dongle key you would have figured, like Cubase this would have been solved. The Refills should operate out of the dongle key!

Steinberg known for VST support there technology in the Dongle Keys, programs like Virtual Guitar, Groove Agent and so forth are licensed in you Dongle Key. I realize that when Propellerheads first developed Reason Refill, Reason Ran without a Dongle Key however this is no longer the fact. People are registered users of Reason Refills and still have to place the CD-DVD into the Disc Drive to operate the samples.

This is one of the not so user friendly features of Propellerheads Reason 6. A serious update needs to take place to bring Reason 6 up to par with other quality DAWS such a Cubase.

Personally I am invested in Propellerheads in hope that they mature in the DAW industry.

I have in addition to Reason 6:

#1: ReCycle
#2 Reason Electric Bass
#3: Reason Drums Kits 1 & 2 - Can only us one of them
#4: Reason Pianos Collection
#5: Reason Strings

This stuff is sitting on the shelves because it is too much trouble to place them in and out at every use on every song

Last edited by FPJ3459; 2012-01-14 at 09:20. Reason: A better explanation