Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-06-01, 16:29

Educational Use Only

I purchased the Reason software (Educational Use Edition) a few weeks ago in eager anticipation that this would meet my students need to interact with the music they love to hear and create. Spending over $4000 in software and midi-controllers consumed most of my budget, but I thought it worth wild if it could attract some of our most troubled youths.
When I opened the software and installed it on all computers, it was disheartening to say the least that only one computer had full access to the Reason software, while the remaining computers could only access the demo version. What is the point of that????? What am I spending $2000 dollars for, demo versions???? Why promote something for educational use (which means in a classroom with MULTIPLE people) then limit their use of the product. This is not even explained on the box. If I knew that beforehand, I would have spent the money on getting 10 cd’s of Fruity Loops with change left over.
If there is some way to resolve this issue, I would love to know. I have the “key” which grants instant access without the use of passwords, but that still limits it to a single computer. The fact that I continue to receive messages that my students are being locked out due to use on multiple computers is even more frustrating.
I am certain that as a leading company in audio software, there is some resolution to this issue.

I eagerly await your respone.