Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-02-15, 16:20

FX sends

Hi guys

I'm wondering if anyone else has come across this. I was trying to get around using the small, 3 light level meters on the FX returns (on the SSL) by connecting the return signal to another mix channel. This way you get a nice big meter showing the level of each return. However, the way I hooked it up, anytime you solo'd a channel which had it's send effect going to that return mix channel, obviously you would only hear the dry signal.

So what I 'm trying to achieve is to be able to use the return mix channel just as a visual aid, and for the actual return signal to still come through in the normal way. If you use a spider to split the signal then I think I was getting double return signal, one on the mix channel and the other on the return channel built into the SSL.

Now I'm thinking about it, I wonder if I connect the internal input from the mix channel directly to the return input on the SSL if that would work....? Anyway, it seems like it should be possible one way or another and i'm going to try again later, but I just thought I'd ask in case someone else had already done it.

Thanks! :-)

http://www.patrickjay.co.uk/
http://soundcloud.com/search?q%5Bfulltext%5D=patrickjay