Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-03-05, 02:00

No midi input. Would love some help

So I'm very excited about my recent Reason 6 purchase. Planned to spend the weekend playing with it but instead I've, unfortunately, spent the weekend trying, without success to simply set Reason up.
Here's the problem- I can't get any input from my midi keyboard to Reason. When try to set up control surfaces, I can neither auto detect, nor can I add. If I highlight an instrument or track I can play the sounds with my mouse, but I get nothing from the keyboard input.
I know midi in is working because I can play VSTs in Cubase, and I can even use the Reason instruments via Rewire. With Reason in standalone, I can't play anything. I'd like to be able to use Reason standalone because it's a bit slow, CPU intensive and buggy in Rewire. Standalone Reason just seems to be cleaner.
I'm playing an old Korg Triton Pro keyboard and my midi interface is a MOTU midi express XT (also old) with the latest drivers for Windows 7.
I've tried dozens of ways to get my Korg to play midi into Reason, but just no luck. Anyone have any clue how I can fix this? I'd much appreciate any help.