Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-03-12, 11:49

Thumbs down reason 6 totally unreliable FOR AUDIO

If you make a living recording people (if you own a recording facility)don't use this DAW to record analog instruments(specially if you also use other DAW like PT or logic or cubase and you want to use reason in rewire with them).I spent two days recording audio in reason 6 using blocks.I built the exact same song in pt (same tempo changes (1) and same time signature changes (2).I have two tracks of audio and foUr midi tracks with only these 3 tempo and time signature automation.

NOTHING IS IN SYNC AND IF I TRY TO MOVE THINGS AROUND (BLOCKS OR TIME SIGNATURE CHANGES)TO ADJUST EVERYTHING THE BLOCKS START TO PLAY ALL TOGETHER IN THE WRONG POSITION.

I HAVE LOST SOMETHING LIKE 4 HOURS OF WORK AND THE RESULT IS THAT REASON 6 IS NOT A REWIRE APPLICATION THAT CAN RECORD AUDIO.IT'S ONE OF THE BEST MIDI SOFTWARES ON THE PLANET BUT IT DOES NOT RECORD AUDIO AT A PROFESSIONAL LEVEL.
THE BROCHURE OF REASON SHOULD SAY THAT THE TEMPO AND TIME SIGNATURE AUTOMATIONS DONE IN REASON WILL NOT SYNC WITH THE AUTOMATIONS IN THE SOFTWARE THAT IS HOSTING THE REWIRE.

AND THE PROBLEM IS NOT THE SOFTWARE (HOST). THE PROBLEM IS THAT THE AUDIO ENGINE IN REASON DOES NOT SUPPORT THE "WEIGHT" OF THE DATA THAT IS IN THE BLOCKS AND WHEN YOU MOVE THEM AROUND IN THE SEQUENCER ,A LOT OF AUDIO DATA GETS LOST OR PLACED IN THE WRONG POSITION.

IF I DELETE THE AUTOMATIONS IN REASON AND USE ONLY THE TEMPO AND TIME SIGNATURE AUTOMATION IN PT REASON 6 CHANGES THE DURATION OF THE AUDIO FILES (EVEN IF TIME STRETCH IS DISABLED ON EVERY AUDIO FILE).

DONT RECORD AUDIO WITH THIS SOFTWARE IF YOU PLAN TO OPEN THAT SONG IN PT OR LOGIC OR CUBASE OR LIVE.THAT SONG WILL NOT SYNC .AT LEAST NOT IF THE BLOCKS AN OR THE AUDIO FILE THAT IS RECORDED IN BLOCKS.THE TIME SIGNATURE AND TEMPO CHANGES WON'T BE IN SYNC.

YOU WILL WASTE A LOT OF TIME /MONEY IF YOU START S PROJECT THAT HAS TEMPO AND TIME AUTOMATIONS ,IN REASON 6 AND THEN TRY TO OPEN THAT SAME PROJECT IN A DIFFERENT SOFTWARE /DAW.

THE BROCHURE AND THE MANUAL SHOULD SAY THAT THE TIME SIGNATURE ,TEMPO AUTOMATIONS AND THE BLOCK METHOD IS STILL A WORK IN PROGRESS AND THAT IT IS NOT GUARANTEE THAT THEY WILL WORK .SPECIALLY IF USED IN REWIRE WITH OTHER APPLICATIONS.