Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2009-12-04, 14:28

Noise reduction, please.

Why do we need noise reduction?

Well, we all know how pristine Reason's midi tracks are, and if you record an audio track, say a guitar for example, maybe you won't notice the electronic noise so much.

If you really tweak your hardware just right, the electronic noise will be sub-audible.. but it will still be there.

The problem comes in when you record multiple audio tracks, then the sub-audible noise on all the audio tracks adds up.

And what it adds up to is mud.

Then you are tweaking around with eq trying to clarify your mix, but it isn't really working for you.

The way things are now, I simply export all my audio files to another program for noise reduction, but I would like to see, as time goes on, less dependency on outside software.

The more integrated, (recycle please), and the more stand-alone props software becomes, the better I'll like it.

Thanks!