Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-05-07, 06:33

When soloing, tracks already muted should be different color

I often mute tracks that I don't like in my song that I'm not quite ready to get rid of yet because I might realize I like them more than I thought later, but then when I find myself soloing tracks to see how they sound (adding them in one by one), I find myself adding tracks I've muted (already decided previously I didn't like), to the solo session, or whatever you call it, because I can't tell them apart from the tracks that were only muted temporarily because I solo'd something.

Would it be smarter to make the solo'd-out-tracks' "M" (mute) buttons a different color other than the tracks that were already muted (i.e. other than red)? Maybe pink instead of red? Or maybe outline the M button in red for the tracks that aren't muted? I'm sure you can come up with a good way, Propellerhead. It's just that you immediately lose sight of which tracks were already muted (whether they were muted from the sequencer or the mixer/rack) once you solo even 1 track. This is frustrating to say the least.

The way I get around this is I do my soloing one-by-one from the sequencer, and I collapse tracks that I've muted. But I'd rather not have to do that.

Last edited by squint0r; 2012-05-07 at 17:23.