Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-05-13, 19:21

Album Finished

This is the possible final running order of my album of House/Dub-Step Experiments.

All done in Reason 6.
Most everything was produced using reason instruments. Some loops I used actually had their sounds originate in Reason as well.

When I could I reproduced sounds in the loops, and re-recorded the bits live. This allowed me to make adjustments I couldn't in a wave file.

This was such a great exercise in learning about the Thor, Subtractor, and Malstrom. I also learned a lot about mixing, and achieving separation from tracks that sat in the same frequency ranges.

There are a few of refills that were crucial in this album: (Loopmaster Dubstep Basses Combinator Patches, Hard and Dirty Complextro, Future Tech Vocals, Moombahcore, Electro House Synths Reason Combinators, Synth Nation, Pantheon 1, 2 ,and 3, Stomppfil Thor, Tom Pritchard Sound Design,The Reason soundbank, Funk allstars, etc.) I'm sure I used some others either for inspiration or in earlier versions.

Many thanks to everyone here, that listened, or answered my stupid questions for the 1000000th time. This community is an inspiration in itself.

Loading SoundCloud…

Reason makes me sound better than I should. Thanks!

JD