Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-06-11, 02:18

2nd machine usage detection at startup?

I've read a few posts about people who run their registered copy of Reason on two or more computers and getting in trouble from Propellerheads if they accidentally (or deliberately - who am I to judge?) overlap instances of the program.

So it seems Propellerheads have some sort of system in place where they can check when this occurs, and reprimand users accordingly (I'm kinda paranoid of this myself since I like to bounce work files between my studio PC and my laptop).

So why not use this system further, so that Reason can check upon startup to make sure the licence isn't open elsewhere and warn users with an option to retry, quit or force close/suspend the other active login?

Surely this can't be too hard if Propellerheads are already detecting such occurrences at their end?