Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-05-26, 01:52

Talking First Release Done All In Reason 6

Hey guys (& probably a few girls)!

I've just recently released my first single on iTunes titled "The Pearl" under my artist moniker 'thispenguin' & I made the song entirely in Reason 6! I've been using Reason since version 4 & I've mostly done remixes with it, but finally felt ready to record & release my original music & Reason was the tool that made it all possible. And ridiculously FUN! Seriously, this program is great!!

I've proven to myself alone that Reason can do instrumental, Electronic based genres, Hip-Hop, & even Acoustic Pop with ease! And I'm sure any genre can be done with Reason. My originals fall more into the Pop genre; all the drums, keys, synths, strings, choirs, etc.. were all done in Reason 6. This Single "The Pearl", in particular actually uses a good number of FSB patches with slight tweaks & the drums were all programmed using samples from RDK.

Any questions anyone might have, I'd be happy to answer!

Anyway, I'd really appreciate any feedback anyone would like to share!

Here's a link to Myspace to listen to the full song.

www.myspace.com/thispenguinmusic

Or Soundcloud...

Loading SoundCloud…

Here's link to iTunes to purchase, if you feel so inclined!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/the...le/id530276738

Will be releasing my EP the last week of June!

Thanks in advance for any feedback! Constructive criticism on production values will be much appreciated!

~Jordon
(aka thispenguin)

Last edited by jbensonmusic; 2012-06-04 at 03:42.