Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-05-31, 18:07
zerobae

enable record button when reason is midi synced

hi,

is there a way to activate reason's record button before recording - when reason is midi synced?

i'm playing around with the reason essentials demo as i'm looking for an easy and hassle-free way to record and mix external gear.

specifically, i'm using an elektron monomachine as the master in my setup, and reason essentials as a slave. it all syncs fine - start, stop, continue all work.

the problem i have is recording: when the monomachine is not playing, i cannot activate reason's record button - that will give me an error message, the only choice being to turn off midi sync, which obviously i don't want to.

as soon as i press play on the monomachine however, and with everything running in sync, i can enable reason's record button and thus start recording. the problem of course is that i lose the beginning of every recording, as i can only press the record button when everything's already playing.

a possible solution would be to send a "record" message from the monomachine to reason, but i don't know if this can be done. so it would be cool if somebody here could let me know how to do it or at least how he/she works around this.

thanks!