Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-06-04, 15:54

USB 3 Woes

I already submitted a ticket but, without knowing the situation with Balance's failure to cooperate with USB 3 I bought a new laptop which has only USB 3 ports to replace the desktop I am giving up in order to make room for a new addition to the family. I've tried every possible line of attack on seeing if I could get this resolved, even somehow catching the eye of a USB 3 developer on Twitter who provided some insightful (but ultimately unfruitful) troubleshooting. I've updated my USB controller drivers, flashed my BIOS, installed and reinstall Balance countless times.

I have not gotten a response from the help team at Propellerhead yet, but I am not optimistic. There is very little indication that anyone has any problems with USB 2 devices on a USB 3 bus BESIDES the people that happen to own a Propellerhead Balance.

It's all very frustrating... but I still love you guys.