Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-05-27, 16:36

Question Line 6 Functionality

As the owner of one of the larger footpedal models by Line 6, I was really excited by the idea of having that amp modelling functionality in Reason. I was dissappointed to find out that I can only use the models on my hardware when it's plugged in via USB. It's still really cool to be able to apply processing in a non-destructive way, and still be able to go back and change stuff, but even with the amount of USB slots I've got at my disposal - I'm running out of actual space at the moment, and I'd like to be able to use the Line 6 models without them disappearing when I disconnect the device.

Since both my Reason 6 and Pod X3 Live are registered, as well as the computer I use for music, why is there currently no way to allow those models to be accessed without plugging in the bulky hardware or an extra purchase of the POD Farm software? Couldn't registered users simply add the authorisation of Line 6 hardware to the Ignition Key, or register the process online with the Line 6 License Manager?

This may have seemed like an outlandish suggestion before Record introduced the Line 6 modelling software, but given that the technology exists, is there no way to make it a little bit more convenient for us..?