Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-06-12, 03:55

Importing Vocals and Time Stretch

Hey all,

My friend sent me a track (single track, 4:30 min) of acapella vocals for remixing. The track is older, and he doesn't know the exact BPM. When I tap along with the beat of the vocals it seems to fall around 96-97, but I can't seem to get it to stay in time the entire track. It was recorded to a click track, so I should be able to figure it out with the right technique.

When I used Ableton Live, I found it easy to slice up a vocals and get them all in time using the warp feature. I'm not quite as savvy with Reason yet... Any suggestions on the best way to do this?