Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-06-16, 21:34

Reason 6.5 = POOR ReMote support for control surfaces

I have a Mackie C4 Pro control surface and every module in Reason 6 maps to the controller perfectly.

I originally moved to Reason due to the program's stability and compatibility with hardware controllers. ReMote was an amazing announcement, not available with any other music software. The promise of plugging in any hardware controller on the supported list and bingo - everything mapped to the controller.

My Mackie C4 worked really well with it.

Unfortunately, it seems that Rack Extensions do not integrate as perfectly into the Reason program as expected. It seems that some RE developers go to the trouble of implementing ReMote and others do not bother.

I am currently trying Buffre, Radical Piano and Pulsar.

Buffre does not map to the controller.
Pulsar does not map to the controller.
Radical Piano maps to the controller, albeith with a very poor mapping to the knobs on the device.

I daren't try out any more REs because there is no guarantee they will map to my controller and I will waste the 30-day trial.

To say I am disappointed is an understatement and I can't see me buying any RE's until it is sorted.

Last edited by nigelhawkins; 2012-06-16 at 21:36.