Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Music Forum (read only)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-07-09, 12:45

Adam Fielding - And All Is As It Should Be

Hello!

Towards the end of last year I was stuck between a couple of projects and decided to take some time off. Naturally, being me, I decided to spend my time re-working some old songs into a more downtempo/ambient style. After a few tracks I got a bit carried away and got completely sucked into the project which, over time, became a complete album of selected ambient works. You can listen to clips from the album below.

Loading SoundCloud…

You can also check out a full length track from the album here.

Loading SoundCloud…

You can pick it up via iTunes, Amazon, OneRPM, DJTunes and most major digital distribution channels.

If you have Spotify, you can also listen to the album in full via the following link:
http://open.spotify.com/album/6OprDD4Ay9WJrEpXkZsjkz

I didn't really set out with any sort of release strategy for the album, it was written purely because it was something I wanted to do. Still, I got some great feedback and sent it to a few labels - one of which (Lost Language) agreed to release it. So, here it is! And here's what they have to say about it.

Quote:
Adam is no new kid on the block. After two self released albums he has released quality electronica on labels such as Distinctive, Play and Solarswarm. He has also used his writing and production skills in other projects, including sound design and freelance composition for bespoke projects for TV, film and commercials.

With his stunningly emotional and evocative ambient album-work “And All Is As It Should Be” Adam takes us on an journey to his ethereal and cinematic core. Filimic pads, soaring washes of sound, spine-tingling chord movements all tied up with a underlying sense of quiet purpose and musicality.

Shut the doors, lights out, stereo up and prepare to be enveloped.
99% of the production was done in Reason, with some EWQLSO strings sequenced in Cubase & brought into Reason on a couple of tracks. Tom's patches feature heavily throughout the album, and he's also responsible for the great cover art photo so to him I say a huge "thank you"

I'm really happy with how it turned out and I'm really proud of it as a complete body of work. Still, it's not for me to decide whether it's good or not I suppose and I'd absolutely love to know what you make of it

edit (again): there's a limited CD release as well which you can buy direct from the label here. http://www.lostlanguage.com/LOSTCDLP016.php

Last edited by adfielding; 2012-11-01 at 14:45. Reason: Added Spotify link & fixed SC set