Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-07-13, 05:26

Smile Improving the Matrix

Here are some suggestions to bring the Matrix up to par again with the rest of Reason:

1. Add CV Ins! So that it's possible to play the Matrix with an RPG-8, making it possible to create a truly great Arp by yourself. Looking at the Arpeggiator of such instruments like Nexus or Omnisphere make me jealous. I know the Thor sequencer can be used for this but it lacks pattern banks and is generally very tedious to program.

2. Add option to change step length for each step. Again, this would be great for making interesting arp sequences.

3. Add Preset Save/Load. So that A Matrix patch can be stored and loaded into other projects. Yes, you can workaround it by using a Combinator but let's face it, it's bothersome.

4. A usability improvement: Anyone else thinking that the octave selector works kind of unintuitive right now? It switches between pages for each octave so you never see your other notes when switching to a different octave. I find it quite annoying. It would be great if there was another way of scrolling up/down the scale, up/down buttons for example.

Ultimately you could give it more of what Thor's sequencer has right now (gate length, step directions, etc.) but maybe that's asking for too much.

Please consider a revamp for the Matrix dear Props! I love the look of it but it's usefulness has aged a lot.