Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-07-19, 14:15

Authoriser - Disable Trial Licenses

This has probably been touched upon before in other threads, but just to be explicit about it.

In the authoriser, we should be able to disable/enable trial licenses, so we avoid the pestering screens when opening up Reason if we have the Ignition key connected.

One of Reason's main advantages is the ease of opening up and getting started, and pester screens just become annoying.

If you don't want to be bothered by the screens for some sessions or periods of time, you should be able to disable trial licenses in the authoriser, (at the expense of being able to use them of course). But then when you want to get back to trialling RE's you should be able to enable the licenses in the authoriser again, without having to re-download. Probably a good idea to also include an option to delete all trial RE's too.

The really annoying thing about this is that even if you delete all of your trial RE's, you still get pestered. I believe I found in another thread there's some kind of trick to deal with this which involves deleting a file in the RE folder, but we really shouldn't have to do that, and part of the RE ethos is avoiding dealing with those kind of stupid hacks. It is often pretty easy to cause yourself hassle in those situations by deleting something you shouldn't.