Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-07-20, 07:03

Is building a computer rig for beginners?

I have been laboring over how to upgrade my PC for Reason 6.5. I have gotten some great info here on what is worth having in the new rig. The problem is that I am not finding a lot out there that is set up the way that I think I want it, with a solid state hard drive and an i5 or i7 processor. It seems that building one is the way to go but I have never even thought of doing something like that before. I have installed a hard drive, RAM and a CD drive on my PC before but I wouldn't know where to start with a total ground-up build. Any other newbies here built one from the ground up themselves? If so, I'd love to hear where you got the info you needed to pull it off.

Another thing...I was talking to a guy the other day who said he doesn't think you can build them any cheaper than you can buy them these days. Is that true? I have about $800 and I am hoping to end up with an i5 or better, a sold state hard drive and 8gb or ram to start. Is a guy better off building or buying at that price (especially if he is not an experienced builder)?