Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-08-29, 16:32

Rack Extension idea

Hello again everybody. Forgive me if this is a stupid question, or if it's been asked before. I am just getting back into Reason after a too-long break. I don't intend on being away from producing electronic music for that long ever again!

Anyway, just briefly reading up on this new Rack Extension thing in 6.5 (I'm downloading my update now), I noticed that they are user-made, meaning anyone can go and make a rack extension with the proper know-how and enough time to do so. So my question is, is there a way for someone to make a blank rack extension that loads up VSTs? Like, one of these rack extensions you see, except instead of having controls on the front for creating a sound, it just has a bank that you can load a VST plugin in, and then that rack extension module produces the sound for said VST?

Again, sorry if this is a stupid or already answered question. I personally have never been huge into the "VST support for Reason!" hype, I like it the way it is, but I think that if people had the option to, for an extra say, $45, buy an approved extension that allowed for full VST support, more people that are that way would consider getting into Reason, which is always a good thing.

Anyway, just a thought.