Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-07-31, 10:36

Exclamation Stay away from this e book about mixing

Hey guys I just wanted to inform you to not purchase this e book " mixing strategies" ( http://www.audio-issues.com/mixing-s...e-perfect-mix/) unless your totally new to mixing in general. Good thing they have a 30 day money back guarantee (which I have already asked for my money back). There first statements are very bold on their site. I doubt anyone will be able to produce professional sounding albums after reading this book (that I don't even think took me an hour to read ). This is the second time in about a week that I have bought something on mixing with disappointment. Just a week ago I bought tha video package from understandingcompression.com and was disappointed also (but at least I learned something new even though it wasn't worth the money). I knew I was dooped whenever he said in his video the only way to really learn how to use compression correctly was to just listen to compression. I think it's official I'm going to spend my money on frequency ear training software (www.trainyourears.com). I downloaded an ear training app for my andriod x (Auricula, which they also have an iphone app for ) which is limited but is great. I really need to become familiar with how boosting or cutting freqs sound. In the mean time anyone recommend any great books on mixing techniques? I own the art of mixing by David Gibson which helped me out loads but time to find another book to read. I was thinking of getting the mixing engineer's handbook. Well I hope my post will save someone some time and money.