Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Music Forum (read only)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-08-19, 11:16

New Dubstep Track "The Light Fantastic" (playing around with Rack Extensions)

I'm loving my new rack extensions. In this track I've used, Re-tron, Etch Red, FET Compessor, Saturation Knob, Pulsar and Buffre.

I built an Fm synth out of a few Thors and then filtered it with Etch red for one of the bass layers. The FET Compressor was used on the drum buss to fatten it up. Pulsar was used on various bass sounds for modulation (obviously). Buffre was used to create some variation. Re-tron was layered with a grand piano to create the basic chord progression and the saturation knob was used in pretty much everything to give it all a touch of, well, saturation.

I've also experimented with placing a multiband compressor on the bass buss, a technique I've recently been learning about. I may have over done it a bit (I've had criticism that it's made the baseline sound a bit lifeless), but it's a new technique for me and I'm still playing around with it ( it doesn't help that reason doesn't have a dedicated multiband compressor).

I had a lot of fun making this track and it's been a long time since I made a track completely in Reason.

Anyway, let me know what you think.

Loading SoundCloud…