Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-08-28, 23:11

Can you use your computer keyboard to record midi?

Hello! I love Reason, but I'm having a big problem. I'm horrible at writing midi with my mouse on the track or making a pattern in Redrum, the only way I can seem to do this is recording live. (I used a regular computer keyboard on a friend's copy of Logic. If you press the caps lock key, a keyboard pops up, which allows you to play the notes using your keyboard) I've looked all over and unfortunately haven't found a way to record this way in Reason! I would get a midi keyboard, but I'm 14 and my parents refuse to let me buy one, even with my own money (I was able to get Reason for free through my school's site license). Is there some sort of free midi program which will let me do this which I can then import into Reason? Sorry this question is phrased strangely, I'm not good at writing this kind of thing.