Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-09-03, 04:01
alpestrine

newbie question

hello all, an almost complete noob here. i have a very basic question and would really appreciate some help. if this is not the place for such simple questions, pls redirect me...

i'm trying to learn reason (and recycle) by copying some fave hip hop songs and trying to copy what the producer did with the original sample. so i'm starting off with this saxophone sample, if you click here you can hear both the original and how they sampled it:

http://www.whosampled.com/sample/vie...Don%27t%20See/

as u can hear, all i need to do is slow it down, but with recycle, i can't figure out how to do that. changing pitch doesn't change the length, and changing tempo only changes the amount of silence after the clip. as u can hear from the clip, the producer slows down the original sample.

thanx for taking the time to help a beginner =^D

o