Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-09-19, 22:48

Ignition Key Death

Has anyone had their Ignition Key die on them? Mine apparently did (it's been permanently connected to a USB port on a stationary computer, and hasn't experienced any power surges, viruses, I/O errors etc...)

WIBU, the guys who manufacture the Codemeter sticks, sent me this (after I sent them the CM-dust file:

I found your file!

OK it looks like some really bad hardware errors.

We provide CodeMeter sticks to licensors who possess a special key to program their license into the sticks. Only they can provide a replacement because we cannot program their license for them.

But this stick is certifiably dead.

-JSB

I've contacted Propellerhead for support, but haven't received anything yet. I've also contacted my local vendor, and they're getting in touch with my distributor.

Anyone else have any experience with this? And seeing as how I can't see this as being my fault, is it still likely I'll have to pay for a replacement key? I figure there must be some warranty on this (I haven't had the software for a full year yet).

I'd attach my CM-dust file but it seems my file is 2KB over the forum limit. 2KB!!