Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-09-24, 15:43

Midi / Reason / Pro Tools / Samples

Friends,

For years now, I have been Reason 3.0 with Pro Tools. I recorded organ sounds from a Cathedral, and I use Reason 3.0 and Pro Tools LE 8 to "play" the Cathedral organ from my home desk. I use Reason in "Slave Mode."

When I go to record, I use midi cables from my keyboard, in through a USB.

When I record using the organ samples, very FEW of the notes actually sound. Therefore, when I record, I use the "NN-19 Digital Sampler Organ2Percuss," since that allows more of the notes to actually sound. Then, after I have recorded my midi, I switch to the actual organ sounds.

Recently, I had to reinstall Reason (because of registration problems). Now, for some bizarre reason, "NN-19 Digital Sampler Organ2Percuss" doesn't let that many notes "sound" as it used to. Totally Bizarre.

Friends, why does midi "short out" on the notes, when 4-5 are pressed down? I have to spend hours messing with the midi (making them "restrike" so midi remembers to make the notes sound).

Oh, I wish there were a way to fix all this !!!

I am fairly good with computers, and have used Pro Tools since 2001 to make hundreds of recordings. However, I still feel that Reason and Pro Tools are extremely complicated programs and I am not at ALL an expert when it comes to the technical end.