Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-10-07, 20:57

Midi/Remote Override question/help

Hey guys, I have a small problem that I am sure one of you can help me with. My problem is that, when I launch reaper then launch reason 6.5 via rewire mode I have trouble assigning my midi knobs to specific knobs in reason. I had this problem a while back but I forgot how I fixed it (lol). Basically what I am saying is, let's say I go into reason and make a combi or thor or whatever. And I decide I want to "remote override" a knob so I can do some real time automation with my midi board (korg tr workstation, has 4 rotary knobs). Well, it will pick up the activity from my knob I am turning but it will also be moving another knob or slider automatically! Therefore, it completely defeats my purpose. Like in Thor, when I assign the lfo rate to my first knob and it picks up the message, as soon as I move the knob it will move the lfo rate AND the attack time..I tried to go over to the attack time and clear it's midi data but that does nothing at all. I am just confused on how to get this to work successfully..