Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-10-28, 02:32

Questions Regarding Versions and Upgrades

Hey all - I'm considering picking up Reason (Or asking for it for Christmas) and I had a couple of questions.

I was looking at either getting Reason 6.0 and a USB Interface separately, or just getting Reason Balance with Essentials, and then upgrading to 6.0 afterwards. So this is where my mind is going and I'd like some clarity if at all possible:

• Is there a listing somewhere of exactly what is in the full version of Reason 6.0 that Essentials is lacking? I want to get a good idea of what I'd be missing if I went with Reason Balance with Essentials.
  • I understand Reason Balance/Essentials comes with an upgrade to 6.5 included in it when you upgrade to 6.0 - so if I buy the upgrade to 6.0 from Essentials I will essentially have 6.5 by virtue of my Balance/Essentials purchase, right?
  • Is there a reason (no pun intended) that I should go any other route than the one described above? I want to get a good USB Interface, and the Balance looks REALLY slick - and it doesn't hurt that it's MADE for the Reason platform
  • If you all recommend getting 6.0 and a separate USB Interface instead, could you recommend some good ones to me?
I think that's it for now - thanks in advance for helping me out!

Regards,
SF007