Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-11-12, 00:47

Advice before layout!

Hello,

hoping for advice if possible. Planning on buy Reason Essentials plus a new windows based laptop around the £500 mark. Have read the minimum specs and some threads on here but want to make sure I make the right purchase. I will be a light user of this initially as I'm getting back into this after a few years gap so wont be putting too much stress on the machine I choose, I've generally been looking at:

i5 processor ( although I have looked at a couple of AMD based machines)
6 - 8GB RAM
750GB memory HDD at 5400rpm

I've found a few comparable machines Samsung, Lenovo, Asus, Tosh. Anyone have any advice on the suggested set up or brands i'm looking at? The other problem I am finding is that everything that is out there at the moment is Windows 8, I'm guessing there may be a few issues this close to its release!

Soundcard- I'm pretty much set on the Presonus Audiobox as I believe it also handles the midi in and out.

Any help would be very appreciated