Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-02-11, 00:42

MotifXF7/Reason6 integration problem (Audio Levels)

Hello all.

I have a Motif-XF7 which (just today) I integrated (for the first time) with Reason 6. My synth has a lot of voices that I am particularly fond of, and I wished to be able to use them in my music. My synth is equipped with the Yamaha FW16e Firewire card, and it is its driver that I employed for recording the Audio from my XF7 into Reason. I did notice, however, that the recorded data (Wav indicator) did not look nearly as healthy (large) as it should have. I do know that the thickness/wideness of same isn't always an exact indicator on the level of the sound output, but there was indeed a problem.

When I switched the driver to ASIO4ALLv2 (so that I could hear the result from my computer speaker setup) I found the volume being so low that I could hardly make it out. It would take a fair bit of 'Gaining' in order to get the volume to where it needs to be, and I am not sure if handling it in that manner (Gain Staging) would be an advisable way in which to address this issue. The output knob, on my XF7, is already maxed - and so are the 'Outs' in my 'Utility/Output' settings window (+6dB for all).

I wonder if anyone might be able to share some info, with me, on what could possibly be done to surmount this matter.

Advanced thanks,
Nathan