Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-11-18, 04:48

Scottym's Node Rack Design System Concept

Last night, I felt promted to reply to a thread about what I'd like to see in Reason 7,
I could of just looked for examples on the web of what I was going to suggest,
and infact that's exactly what I did but I didn't find anything which actually resembled what
was in my head effectively enough. And so being the creative guy I am, I decided to just
illustrate a solution within Reason itself.

As the Propellerheads are from my understanding focusing on the core features of Reason,
I thought, well I'll have a shot, 'think outside the box' so to speak, do something different
(like props do), and create something relatively simple to enhance the usability, and workflow
of the program for users. Basically I wanted to also make the wiring up system faster and
more accessible. It can be a nightmare depending on how complex your device setup is to navigate
through reams of wires even with the aids to reduce cable clutter. The node system also makes it
easy to get a better overview of the rack visually and quickly build a rack. One of the other benefits
are for users with laptops with smaller resolutions, meaning less time scrolling up and down the rack
or sequencer.

It's just the first prototype so far, and what you are looking at which should be clear
is the main audio connections atm and doesn't at present include additional control panels,
CV cables are also not illustrated in this screenshot for example.

It takes a while as everything figuring how out to design something like this as it can get complex
and making something complex simple for users can be a challenge.

Click For Half Size As Shown Above

Click For Full Screen 1080P

Last edited by scottym; 2012-11-18 at 22:21.