Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-11-25, 22:34
masziks

Using audio interfaces with Reason 5

I have a burning questions about using USB Audio Interfaces with Reason 5, as I am planning to get one for myself this Christmas.

When using an audio interface, can each input (I'm considering an 8-Input Mixer/Audio Interface) be assigned to a diffrent channel in the Reason Mixer? I'd like to be able to put different distortions or effects on different guitars, using aux levels, or ideally; connect each input of the mixer to a different combinator for more freedom and multiple VSTs.

Also; does anyone have a mixer/interface that they recommend for use with Reason? Balance looks incredible, but is out of my price range, and doesn't have an ideal amount of inputs. I'm looking for at least 6 line inputs.

Thanks!