Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-12-07, 16:50

Crackling on audio and guitar recording

I have recently rigged up a Behringer Xenyx 502 USB Audio Interface/Mixer through a Compaq Laptop (2.2ghz Dual Core Processor, 2gb RAM, 288gb Memory, 32bit Operating System) with Reason 6.5 on Windows Vista. I have a dynamic mic going through an XLR to the audio interface, and when I record vocals on Reason, there's a lot of crackling going on. I recorded my electric guitar as well, through the audio interface, using a normal jack plug lead from guitar to interface, and initially, it recorded fine, but now that is recording crackly as well. I'm using the correct Behringer Xenyx drivers (or at least think I am, got them from the Behringer website and the latency on my midi keyboard cleared up after doing so, Xenyx/U Control drivers), so don't know what the problem is. I've tried adjusting loads of the knobs on the mixer/interface, gain etc, but nothing changes. What could it be? is the interface not good enough, or do I need a more professional soundcard maybe? or is the laptop not a high enough spec to cope with audio. Midi works fine. Thanks!