Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-01-01, 17:01

Smile Reason 7 - What I'd like to see. What would you like?

Here's my shortish list of what I'd like in Reason 7 - and yes, I know some have been mentioned already ;-)

More colours - like Logic (although that's about the only thing better with Logic)

Macros - ability to create keyboard shortcuts

Folders for sequencer tracks. Maybe even nested folders.

MP3 import/export. Direct import from iTunes.

Ability to "link" or group automation tracks to their respective MIDI track. By cutting & pasting some note data, the linked automation tracks would be copied too. I know you can SHIFT+Click to copy multiple tracks, but I'd like to have the option to link stuff.

Mixer groups.

MIDI Out - I still have some hardware, plus an iPad with Alesis IO Dock. The ability to sequence external hardware synths, or synths on an iPad, would be great.

Track freeze

Ability to fold a rack. I like to use at least 3 racks, and would like to be able to fold a rack, say rack 2, if I'm doing a lot of work in racks 1 and 3 for example.

A new MK2 combinator with more rotaries and buttons.

Thor with pattern banks for it's sequencer. I like to use the Thor sequencer a lot, and would like something like the Matrix or ReDrum banks (A1-A8 etc).
Also I'd like to be able to copy Thor sequencer data to a sequencer track, like you can with the Matrix (copy pattern to track function).

Block triggers. The ability to be able to trigger entire blocks from a keyboard or other controller. Great for live remixing.

An iPad app which could control reason, with different setups for different devices (this could be given away on the App store). The app could even have a "lite" version of Reason with a set number of devices to give us our reason fix if we only have an iPad with us.

I did have more ideas when using Reason, but didn't make a note so have forgotten them. So, what would you like to see?