Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-01-06, 10:37

Unhappy A question about the End User License Agreement...?

What exactly is meant by 1.d. and 1.e. of the End User License Agreement?
Here's a link to what I'm nervous about:
https://www.propellerheads.se/agreements/#eula
Does this mean the songs I've made with Reason will only be my intellectual property (to hopefully distribute for money) if I go and record them with instruments (so that I'm not using Propellerhead's sounds)? Or is this only covering the sample song that came with Reason? Or does this mean something else besides those two possibilities?

For reference, 1.d. and 1.e. of the End User License Agreement read as follows:
(1.d.)
"The sound samples and musical examples connected to the Software may NOT be reformatted, mixed, filtered, re-synthesized, or otherwise edited or altered for use in any kind of commercial sampling product/package or software- this is strictly prohibited without the express written consent of Propellerhead Software."
(1.e.)
"The musical examples connected to the Software may NOT be used in any commercial music production- this is strictly prohibited without the express written consent of Propellerhead Software."

If possible, provide me with some sort of source so that I can be certain. Thank you.