Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-01-15, 01:25

Smile How to mix Scratching into Reason6.5!?

Hello All,
I'm in a bit of a situation trying to figure out the best way to sample/record into Reason 6.5 my very own scratching from my dj turntables. Now mind you I'm also using Traktor Scratch Pro to use the custom sound sample I wish to scratch to but not sure exactly how to set this up since I'm running Reason 6 and Traktor at same time. Once I do that and select record the beat I created in Reason 6 starts to make static sounds and this ruins my recording

I've tried plugging the master out from my mixer into the line into my sound card that uses asio drivers and of course make sure the recording levels aren't too high or low then adding a audio track to record in Reason and selecting as the sound source traktor master out but still get static/popping sound while recording.

I've also tried selecting the sound card that Traktor scratch uses from within the mixer the Kontrol Z2 and record that way, was not as bad but still here and there get some popping and static sound

I guess what my real question is what is the best way to 1. Plug in and set up my dj mixer that uses Traktor to record my very own scratching into Reason 6?

Essentially I could just export the beat i made in Reason and load into Traktor Scratch 2 and record within there since Traktor does have it's own record feature but I would never be able to edit the scratching done in Reason 6 this way.

***Any advice would be very much appreciated!!!***
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Reason and Traktor.jpg (16.3 KB, 7 views)