Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Music Forum (read only)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2011-12-22, 23:30

can reason match the sound of real hardware?

I've bought reason 6 a few days ago, i was planning to make hardstyle using reason..
I have to say i love how reason has the look and feel of real hardware, however when i export my songs and even in reason itself, it seems like the sound is missing oomph. it sounds empty and to be honest it sounds like shit.
I did not notice it when i was working on a track, but after i exported my track and listen to it after i listened to some tracks from a hardstyle cd i noticed a world of difference, reason sounds flat and lacks oomph...

i am not sure if it is because i am doing something wrong while mastering or something but the sounds dont sound full and sound a bit computer-like. I have a pretty decent sound card, so i dont think it has anything to do with that. i am so disappointed, i feel like i wasted 400 euro's while i could have spend that on hardware :C.

should have listened to what my mummy used to tell me, if something sounds to good to be true it probably is :C.