Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-01-29, 20:00
Sozo1

First post, new to Reason, Can I ask for assistance here?

Let me start by saying thank you for any suggestions, and this software is excellent! Howdy to the forums.

I have browsed the big list of tutorials sticky but couldn't find any help with what I am trying to do. It is likely a simple matter to an experienced user.

I have a Yamaha keyboard hooked into my laptop via a Midisport Uno. It is working great.
I am recording basic piano/synth compositions.
Due to the latency issue between playing the keys on my keyboard and Reason playing them back to me, I am muting the volume on my computer and listening to the audio from my keyboard thus allowing Reasons Piano pactch to record the input without the latency audio effect affecting my playing.

Thanks for listening, here is the problem;
When I Start the beat tempo on my keyboard, Reason of course picks that up, however, Reason interprets it as piano, as it is coming in as signal from the keyboard through reasons piano patch. instead of the drum beat that I am hearing, listening to the keyboard audio directly and it ruins the composition.

I have attached a screenshot of my sequencer, at the top in the peach colored area, you see all the notes coming from my keyboard, both tempo and my playing.

My question is, how can I remove the notes that were created by the tempo, or change them to a drum beat like I am hearing direct from the keyboard?

Any help would be most appreciated, apologies if this is a ridiculous question, I am very new to this.

Thanks!
Sozo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 29-01-2013 1-52-15 PM.jpg (97.6 KB, 28 views)