Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-01-16, 09:12

Lightbulb More realistic ssl + some

1. I would like to see the SSL console get a color scheme re-work....possibly make it look more like the real console. 2. Send faders as opposed to knobs. Re-model the channels/buss section cross talk, I say this because the Reason SSL sounds nothing like the real console or any of it's modeled competitors, in which there are a few that sound a lot more believable (and yes I have used the analog 9000 a few of times). If you are going to bring SSL to the table at least be competitive. 3. Bring the SSL EQ and Buss comp to the rack as independent devices. 4. I would like to see Reason more engineer friendly by that I mean more believable in sound to it's analog counterpart. 5. Re-visit the channel compressors.......they are I hate to say....horrible IMO. 6. Put a mono switch on the master channel. 7. The option to select different pan laws for better mono translation. 8. Have quality control for the RE Dept. and be more selective about what kind of junk you are allowing to be put in the RE shop. I say this because I have tried just about every thing in the RE shop and IMO 90% of the RE's are absolute crap, almost like anyone and everyone that has the capabilities to create RE's has license to hurry up and put out some cheap ass BS. Now before all the vultures get ahold of this and try to pull me apart...just know that while my words at times can seem harsh, I have been a long time reason user and fan, and ...well this is the future suggestion forum after all. Oh and please propeller heads let's step it up to the professional level. When Record and Reason 6 came out it was all ..WOW and AHH....
but a few months later you start to realize that...well this really isn't professional at all when it comes to mixing (absolutely for music making I won't contest that) but not all of us are music makers and I think someone out there ought to pay attention to that. I DONT want to use a different D.A.W.! adapt reason to fit everyones needs not just the music makers!!!!!!! Wheew ok I'm done now. Cheers!!!!!!!!!